What information do we collect?
- When you purchase something from our online store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect information such as your name, phone number, address and email address.
- When you browse our online store, we automatically receive the IP address of the device you are browsing, the Internet browser you are using, and the operating system of the device you are using.
- Email Marketing (if applicable to our online store): If we obtain your permission, we may send you emails regarding our online store, new products for sale, and other store-related updates.
- You can, if you wish, just leave our mailing list. This is possible in by the emails received from us or by contacting the administrator of this privacy statement in writing.
- Like many other websites, we use “cookies”. They improve your business in our online store and collect information about visitors and traffic to our website. Please learn more about cookies later in this privacy statement.
How do we get permission from you to collect information?
- It is also possible to order products without registration. Registering a customer account does not bind you to anything. You can register as our customer, and you will have access to all the features of the online store. You can also sign up for our newsletter.
- To register, click on “Create Account” on the home page. Enter your name and other requested information (address, telephone, e-mail) in the form. At the same time, you give your permission to Arteeni registering your personal data in the customer register. Customer information is confidential. Arteeni commits not to share customer information to others.
- Arteeni's customer information is confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties.
- When you provide us with your personal information when shopping online (for example, to verify your credit card, place an order, choose a delivery method, or return an item you have ordered), we assume that you consent to the collection of your personal information.
- If we need personal information for any activity other than those listed above, such as marketing, we will ask you for permission either directly or give you the opportunity to refuse to provide the information.
- Section 10 of the Personal Data Act (523/199), Registry description:
Arteeni (Business ID 1957951-8)
- Registry name:
Arteeni e-commerce customer register
- Reason for keeping the register:
The person has registered as a customer of the Arteeni online store.
How can you prevent us from using your information?
- After you have already given us permission to use your information, or you have agreed to receive email marketing, for example, you can change your mind. You can withdraw your consent to allow us to contact, collect, use or disclose information about you. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a mail to
- We may pass on your personal information if required to do so by law, or if you violate the privacy statement of our online store.
Where do you store the information you collect?
- Our e-commerce platform is Shopify Inc. Shopify provides us with an e-commerce platform where we sell products and services to you.
- The information collected from our customers is stored in Shopify's information system, databases and storage space on the Shopify e-commerce platform. Your data is safe because it is stored behind a firewall. Find out more here from here.
How do we secure the information of visitors to our online store?
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to ensure that personal information is not compromised, misused, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information during a payment transaction, the data transmission will be encrypted using a secure SSL protocol technology. We comply with PCI-DSS requirements and use other generally accepted standards in the industry.
- Yes. Cookies are small files that a website or service provider transfers to your computer's storage space using your browser (if you have enabled this feature). Cookies allow a website or service provider to identify the browser used by a visitor and to collect certain types of information. For example, cookies help the website to remember and process the products you have left in the shopping cart.
- We use the information we receive from cookies to better target our marketing.
Third Party Services and Links
- Under normal circumstances, third party operators will only collect, use and present customer information to the extent necessary for their needs. This allows you to make the best use of the service provided by the third party operator.
- However, some third party operators, such as payment service providers and other payment service providers, use their own privacy clauses. In order for payment transactions to take place, we need to provide the necessary information for the transactions. Third-party data protection clauses apply to the information provided during the payment transaction. Personal and payment information is always processed over an encrypted SSL connection. Payment information (personal identity number, online banking, credit card) is processed in the secure and encrypted system of PayPal and Checkout Finland Oy, and the payer's personal identity number or payment and credit card numbers, etc. are not stored in the online store.
- We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of the payment service you use and how they use your personal information.
- Please note that some service providers may be located in a jurisdiction other than our online store where you do business. If you choose to use third-party services located in a different jurisdiction than the online store you are using, your information may be used in accordance with the laws of that provider's territory.
- We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please check the statement from time to time for any changes. When any refinements or changes are made to this Privacy Statement, they will take effect immediately in our online store. If there are significant changes to the privacy statement, we will post changes on our website.
- If our online store combines or becomes purchased by another company, your personal information may be transferred to new owners in this context so that our online store can continue to sell products to you.
- This privacy statement was last modified on March 27, 2020.
Questions and feedback
- If you want to access, correct, obtain or delete information about you that our online store has collected about you, please contact us either with the contact form, by e-mail email@example.com or by post: